Fundamental Values of Protecting Our Visitors’ Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. Leader OnBoarding (LOB) has some fundamental values when it comes to protecting visitors of this site and their data:
- We will only ask for personal information that will help us serve you in the best way possible.
- We store personal information for only as long as is needed to serve you.
- It is our goal to make it easy for you to control what information we obtain from you, and to request that we remove your information.
- We will never sell, distribute, or share to a third party any personal information that you provide to us.
- Our goal is to be completely transparent about on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
- Leaderonboarding.com is a secured website.
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
LOB is a consulting firm that partners with organizations and their New Leaders to help them mitigate the risks associated with executive transitions. Our website was created to introduce who we are, showcase the products and services we have available, and provide helpful advice in the form of blogs, podcasts, and recommended books.
Information We Collect and the Information Visitors Provide
Web-enabled Survey Tools
Participation in our surveys is completely voluntary. If you launch or participate in a LOB web-enabled survey (example: our LevelSet suite of tools), the information provided will only be used in the manner agreed upon. If you have any questions about how this data is collected used, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website has various contact forms designed to provide visitors with direct access to us. We ask for basic information in order to respond to requests. Information entered will be used only to answer questions, and provide information requested about our products and services.
When filling out a contact form on our site we will not automatically add you to our marketing database. To join our database, you can check the box beside the statement “sign up for our newsletter” at the bottom of our contact forms. Checking that box means that the you give LOB permission to add you to our database. If you have selected to join our database, you can unsubscribe from by selecting “unsubscribe” on any email campaign LOB sends you, or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that our site contains a contact form that is used specifically to sign up for our database. There is no opt-in box to check on that form, because by filling out the requested information it is assumed that you intend to join LOB’s database. If you think that you may have filled out that form in error, or accidently selected the “sign up for our newsletter” opt-in box, you can request to be removed by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information collected on those contact forms is retained for as long as is needed. We will delete or remove any unnecessary information that does not assist us in serving our website’s visitors.
Information from Cookies & Other Technologies
We utilize Google Analytics. We use the data from Google Analytics for the purpose of:
- Determining the types of visitors our site attracts (traffic).
- Understanding how visitors interact with our site (example: pages visited, time spent on each page, whether the visitor is a new or returning).
- Observing the type of devices visitors use (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Monitoring how often our site is visited daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Gathering basic geographical information (usually narrowed between countries and cities). Google Analytics can share with us the location of a visitor’s device from their IP address. We might collect and use this information (for example) to calculate how many people visit our site from certain geographic regions. We do not make – and do not allow Google to make – any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- Utilizing provided data to make improvements to our site for the purpose of ease of use and communicating to visitors in the best way possible.
How and Why We Use Information
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about visitors under EU data protection laws. Our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests, or those of another person; or
- We have a legitimate interest in using your information–for example, to provide and update our services, to improve our services, to safeguard our services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, monitor, and prevent any problems with our services, and to personalize your experience; or
How We Share Information
As previously stated, LOB does not sell our visitors’ private personal information to third-parties for the purpose of marketing.
We share information about visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below, and with appropriate safeguards to your privacy:
- Legal Requests: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of LOB, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics (or reviews) about the use of our products and services, and we may share a generic job description of your role to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
Information Shared Publicly
If you send us any reviews or comments that we think might help other visitors understand our products and services better, we might decide to use your comments on our site with your name. We will only use this information with your written consent.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about visitors when we no longer need it for the purposes for which we collect and use it – which are described in the section above – and when we are not legally required to continue to keep it.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the information that you provide: If you want to contact us through our site, you can elect to only enter in your name and email. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, we will not be able to respond to your requests.
- Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the ability to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information via our mobile apps.
- Opt-out of electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still contact you if you have sent us a direct request through our site asking for information or requesting that we contact you. You can also opt out by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using LOB’s website, with the drawback that certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies. Also, refer to the section above on cookies.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the GDPR), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can access, correct, or delete your personal data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Other Things You Should Know
This site contains links to other websites. Clicking on those will take visitors away from LOB’s site to another site.
Articles and Shared Content
We have pages on our site that have links to recommend articles, blogs, case studies, and educational materials on other websites. We also have social media buttons that visitors can use to share LOB-created content, or follow us on those platforms. Clicking on those links will take visitors to other sites. Please note that we do not have control over the information those other sites collect. For instance, if you disable cookies on LOB’s website, then proceed to another site (through the links we provide) that site may upload cookies. We suggest visitors review the privacy policies placed on those sites.
- In the case of US-based entities: entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them, or ensuring they have signed up to the EU-US Privacy Shield; or
- In the case of entities based in other countries outside the EEA: entering into European Commission approved standard contractual arrangements with them.
You can ask us for more information about the steps we take to protect your personal information when transferring it from the EU.
How to Reach Us
- September 25:Added more specific information to clarify our practices, updated links to privacy polices of external links used on LOB site.
- September 30: Revised and reorganized language throughout to help simplify the policy and clarify our practices.
- April 4, 2021: Reviewed, no changes made.
- March 16, 2022: reviewed and updated to add web-enabled survey details.