As a New Leader, you have come into your role determined to make a difference, and build a foundation for your operation's success.
One crucially important step in in your transition is acquiring and responding to feedback from a wide variety of important others. Without feedback, your well-intentioned efforts may land wrong, or you may inadvertently undermine your own success.
There are a lot of reasons why you may be feedback-deprived:
- You are probably in a hurry.
- Your colleagues are probably in a hurry.
- Your company culture may not be conducive to sharing feedback.
- Others may not have an accurate understanding of your role or deliverables.
- It can be more difficult to get honest feedback from your downstream team members.
- There may be some people who are not happy to have you in your role.
Our advice: don’t overlook the value of regularly seeking, welcoming, and acting on feedback. Fortunately, there are tools that create understanding of your early impact, and allow course-correction before the "window of judgment" closes on you.